Are you searching for a name that evokes an undeniable sense of strength, like a storm filled with lightning and thunder? Our list of names that mean lightning will give you some brightest and best ideas.
The storm is often described as chaos and destruction, while thunder symbolizes danger, and lightning highlights illumination and the end of ignorance. Adding all these aspects will give your little one an awe-inspiring and perfect name.
We have an extensive list of names, from the best names that mean lightning, like Adad, Mellan, and Thor, to names meaning thunder, like Sorine, Styrmir, and Zeus. Check out these names to get exciting ideas you will love.
Best Names That Mean Lightning
This is a Greek name that means storm, lightning, or whirlwind. This mythological name is of a girl who used to attack Hercules.
A Greek name that means lightning. It is a Unisex name but is often used for females rather than males.
It is a Greek name that means storm or flood God. This name also refers to the God of storms or rain.
It is a Turkish name that means thunderstorm or lightning. It is a perfect name for a powerful personality.
It is an Indian name that means lightning. This name also refers to someone swift or too fast.
It is an Uzbek name that means lightning and flame. It is a common name for boys.
A name of Hindi origin meaning lightning.
This is a Russian name that means someone strong and a fighter as lightning. This name is quite popular in Arabic culture.
This name is of French origin that means lightning.
It is a Latin name for a girl that means lightning. Give this name to your girl to make her shine like a light.
This is an Esperanto name which is Poland’s constructed language. This name means lightning.
This name is of Ukrainian, Indian, and Georgian origin, that means lightning. It symbolizes a diamond and thunderbolt as a legendary ritual weapon.
It is a Unisex name that means lightning. This name is pronounced as Yip-Ya.
This is a Norwegian name that means lightning.
It is an Irish name that means little lightning. This is a unisex name and suits perfectly to both boys and girls.
A Croatian name that means lightning bolt. It is a powerful name to depict a person’s strength and abilities.
This is an Armenian name meaning bright light emitted from lightning.
This name is taken from the Japanese name Rai which can be defined as Thunder or Lightning along with rainstorm.
This is a Turkish name that means flash of lightning.
It is an Arabic name pronounced as See-ah-Ee-Kah. This name means lightning and thunderbolt.
This name refers to the Norse God of thunder and lightning. The name is also well known from the movie Thor, who wielded a hammer to strike lightning and win battles.
It is an Albanian name that means sparkle of lightning.
It is a Turkish name that means lightning. This is quite popular in Turkey and is also the name of the former Turkey prime minister.
This Kurdish and Chinese name means storm or wind. It is suitable for both girls and boys.
Read More: Names That Mean Protector
Girl Names Meaning Storm
If you want your little angel to be bright, bold, fast, and loud, these girl names meaning storm, are ideal to consider.
- Arashi – A Japanese name meaning storm
- Audra – A Lithuanian name that means storm
- Alizeh – Persian name that means trade winds
- Aska – Swedish name that means thunderstorm
- Amihan – A Filipino name meaning winter storm
- Bonaria – A Sardinian name that means good wind
- Ekaitza – A Basque name that means storm
- Esen – Turkish name that means wind
- Kapheira – Greek name that means stormy breath
- Saar – Hebrew name that means storm
- Stormy – Violent storm
- Tempest – French name that means heavy storm
- Vetra – A Lithuanian name that means windstorm
- Ziaza – Greek name that means rainbow after the storm
- Zilan – Kurdish name that means storm
- Zephyrine – Greek name that means west wind
Check out these Mythical And Magical Mermaid Names For Girls
Boy Names That Mean Storm
Check out these names that have come from all over the world with powerful meanings:
- Adad – Greek name that means flood God
- Corentin – French name that means hurricane
- Donar – A Scandinavian name that means God of thunder
- Gale – English name that means sea storm
- Hadad – Hebrew name for Akkadian God of storms
- Hanish – Hindi name that means forewarner of storms
- Ino – A Hawaiian name meaning storm
- Petir – Indonesian name that means lightning
- Raijin – Japanese name that means storm or God of thunder
- Ranto – Japanese name meaning storm
- Stormur – An Icelandic name that means storm
- Sturm – English name that means storm
- Tufani – Hindi name that means storm
- Torm – An Estonian name that means storm
- Styrmir – Old Norse name that means someone who causes a storm
- Wyndham – English name meaning windy village
- Zyran – Arabic name that means storm
Girl Names Meaning Thunder
Choosing girl names that exude power, courage, strength, and positive attributes often have extraordinary meanings like thunder, storm, or lightning. Here are our best picks for you:
- Bronte – Greek name meaning thunder
- Garjana – Nepali origin meaning thunder
- Indra – Indian name that means God of Thunder
- Kaminari – Japanese name meaning thunder
- Levina – Lightning thunderbolt in Latin
- Sorine – A Danish name that means Thunder God
- Taima – A Native American name that means someone who is born during a thunderstorm
- Tormenta – Spanish name that means thunderstorm
- Thora – A Scandinavian name that means Goddess of thunder
- Tornado – Spanish origin
- Vajra – A Hindu origin name that means thunderbolt
Boy Names Meaning Thunder
A boy with a name meaning thunder has inevitable power, strength of character, natural spark, and assertiveness. Check out these amazing ideas:
- Dusty – Old Norse and English name that means Thor’s stone
- Donner – German name that means thunder.
- Guntur – Thunderstorm
- Hekili – Hawaiian name meaning thunder
- Fulmini – Italian name that means thunderbolt
- Lei Gong – Chinese name that means lord of thunder
- Perun – Slavic name that means thunder
- Ramiel – Hebrew name that means thunder of God
- Raamiah – Hebrew name that means Jehovah has thundered
- Raiden – Japanese name that means thunder
- Ra’d – An Arabic name that means thunder
- Torben – Danish name that means thunder bear
- Truemo – Spanish name that means thunder
- Thurgood – English name that means God of Thunder or Son of Thurgod
- Torolf – A Scandinavian name that means Thor’s wolf
- Zeus – Greek mythology name that means thunder.
- Zilan – A Kurdish and Chinese name that means melodious and sweet
Cool Lightning Names
Give your little girl or boy a commanding presence with one of these cool lightning names to make them conquer the world:
- Ailana – Finnish origin
- Abner – Hebrew name
- Anwar – Arabic name
- Beacon – English origin
- Ellie – English name
- Egan – Gaelic origin
- Faven – Eritrean origin
- Kiran – Hindi name
- Lucy – Latin name
- Lior – Hebrew origin
- Nera – Hebrew origin
- Pradip – Indian name
- Uri – Hebrew origin
- Toula – Greek origin
- Valk – Estonian name
- Valo – Finnish origin
- Ziv – Hebrew name
Check out these amazing Black Girl Names
Female Names Meaning Lightning
Here are some best female names meaning lightning from different origins:
- Aashni – Hindi name
- Anuma – Igbo name
- Ayanga – Mongolian origin
- Astrape – Goddess of lightning in Greek mythology
- Molniya – Russian origin
- Oluja – Bosnian origin
- Orage – French name
- Raicho – Japanese origin
- Relampago – Spanish name
- Simsek – Turkish name
- Sanda – Japanese origin
- Strela – Slovenian name
- Shango – Yoruba mythology name
- Uila – Hawaiian name
- Vajra – Hindu origin
- Wachira – Thailand origin
Choosing a girl or boy name that means lightning can be challenging, but you can do it easily with insightful ideas. We hope the names provided in this post will help you pick one most suitable name for your little one.
These strong names will help your children endure tough situations and build resilience and perseverance.