We all aspire for our daughters to blossom into strong, independent, and confident women. Choosing strong girl names that reflect power and strength in their personality is an excellent way to set them on that empowering journey.
Research in psychology has revealed the profound connection between a person’s self-identity and their given name. So, choosing a name that means strong is the perfect option for your baby girl.
Whether you want to take inspiration from renowned actresses, dedicated activists, inspirational speakers, influential politicians, talented artists, compassionate doctors, or individuals whose work you deeply admire, explore these names to reflect such attributes in your daughter in a powerful and meaningful way.
From powerful girl names like Eldreda, Fortney, and Jaiyana to soft but strong names like Benny, Melisande, and Shahan, we have compiled an extensive list to provide you with fantastic ideas.
Aspiring to choose a unique, strong, and powerful name for the sake of welcoming a newborn is a very exciting task. Read our guide to find strong boy names.
Strong Girl Names With Meaning
Strong girl names offer a wide array of options. You can choose names with dynamic meanings or opt for names that inherently signify strength.
Here are some of the best options for you:
This Greek name means strength of the moon.
This Italian name means defending warrior.
This Old Saxon name means strong.
This Latin name means female warrior.
This French name means strong.
This Aramaic name means strong.
This English name means elf strength.
This American name means strong.
This Irish name means strong or superior.
This Latin name means strong one.
This Spanish name means God is my strength.
This Old German name means strong spear.
This English name means strong.
This Danish name means battle warrior.
This Hebrew name means God is my strength.
This German name means strong-willed.
This Arabic name means strength.
This Arabic name means brave.
This African name means hunter’s daughter.
This Scandinavian name means strength.
This Indonesian name means strong.
This Welsh name means strong.
This Greek name means great.
This German name means strong battle maiden.
This Spanish name means strong.
This Egyptian name means divine mother.
This Hebrew name means strong.
This Ukrainian name means protector of men.
This Greek name means lover of strength.
This Latin name means strong.
This German name means all-knowing power.
This Welsh name means Goddess.
This Arabic name means huntress.
This Arabic name means graciousness.
This Arabic name means strong.
This Scandinavian name means thunder Goddess.
This Latin name means brave.
This Latin name means strong.
This Old German name means strong protection.
This German name means strong.
41 . Zelma
This German name means God’s helmet.
This Slavic name means woman of the people.
Names That Mean Powerful Girl
- Adira – Hebrew name meaning powerful
- Akeeva – Hebrew name meaning shelter
- Bryndis – Scandinavian name meaning strong armor
- Bree – Irish name meaning strength
- Chike – Egyptian name meaning power of God
- Cyrene – Greek name meaning supreme power
- Etana – Hebrew name meaning strength of purpose.
- Ebba – Danish name meaning strong.
- Fianna – Scottish name meaning band of warriors
- Frideswide – English name meaning peaceful
- Geesi – Somali name meaning brave
- Gertina – An old German name meaning strong spear
- Honovi – Native American name meaning strong deer
- Hildegard – Battle stronghold in German
- Imara – Kiswahili name meaning firm
- Isadora – Greek name meaning gift of Isis
- Jara – Slavic name meaning fierce
- Kaimana – Hawaiian name meaning power of the sea
- Lenna – German name meaning lion’s strength
- Maliha – an Indian name meaning beautiful
- Nalda – Spanish name meaning strong
- Nikita – Greek name meaning victory of people
- Olympia – Greek name meaning strength
- Pandora – Greek name meaning all gift
- Raine – an Indian name meaning Queen
- Sasha – Russian name meaning defender
- Tena – Latin name meaning strong and healthy
- Valeda – Latin name meaning brave
- Walburga – An old German name meaning strong protection
- Zaila – Arabic name meaning power
Unique Powerful Women Names
- Alessia – Italian name meaning defending warrior
- Alexia – Greek name meaning man’s defender
- Blyana – Irish name meaning strong
- Boudicca – Celtic name meaning victory
- Cassandra – Greek name meaning shining upon man
- Edira – Hebrew name meaning strong
- Finley – Irish name meaning fair-haired hero
- Gwendolyn – Welsh name meaning white ring
- Harlow – English name meaning army hill
- Jasira – Arabic name meaning brave
- Kokoro – Japanese name meaning heart
- Maganhildi – German name meaning strong battle maiden
- Nitya – an Indian name meaning eternal
- Rieka – German name meaning power of wolf
- Solveig – Scandinavian name meaning strong house
- Tiaret – African name meaning lioness
- Velda – German name meaning power
- Virendra – an Indian name meaning brave
- Wilma – German name meaning resolute protection
- Zephyra – Greek name meaning west wind
Girl Names That Mean Strong
- Alima – Hebrew name meaning strong
- Aluma – Hebrew name meaning strong
- Bernette – Greek name meaning victory bringer
- Brigitta – Irish name meaning strength
- Chasina – Aramaic name meaning strong
- Erica – German name meaning honorable ruler
- Fortney – Latin name meaning strong one
- Gesa – German name meaning strength of spear
- Harriett – French name meaning estate ruler
- Jerika – American name meaning strong
- Kendra – English name meaning knowing
- Lyra – Greek name meaning lyre
- Mandana – Persian name meaning everlasting
- Nimerah – Arabic name meaning strength
- Rogn – Icelandic name meaning might
- Sigrid – Norse name meaning fair victory
- Sariah – Hebrew name meaning princess of God
- Timber – English name meaning strong
- Victory – Latin name meaning victory
- Waltraud – German name meaning strong
Names that possess the tender hush of whisper and exude a fragile elegance like a blossoming flower never fail to inspire, amaze, and please. Read our guide to explore the best soft girl names.
Rare Female Names That Mean Strong
- Amalda – German name meaning strong
- Antonia – Latin name meaning praiseworthy
- Bernessa – Greek name meaning strong
- Brielle – Hebrew name meaning God is my strength
- Charlotte – French name meaning strong
- Colette – French name meaning victory of the people
- Dorit – Danish name meaning gift of God
- Erinna – Greek name meaning hero
- Gesine – German name meaning strength of spear
- Hertha – Old Norse name meaning strong
- Kemina – Spanish name meaning strong
- Leola – Latin name meaning lioness
- Matilda – German name meaning battle maiden
- Marcella – Riman name means young warrior
- Ronae – Old English name meaning strong counsel
- Shamra – Arabic name meaning graciousness
- Toireasa – Irish name meaning strong
- Valerie – French name meaning strength
- Walta – African name meaning shield
- Zenobia – Greek name meaning Goddess of strength
Girl Names That Mean Strong And Beautiful
- Arnia – American name meaning strong as an eagle
- Avyanna – English name meaning strong and beautiful
- Bernadina – German name meaning strong
- Blathnat – Celtic name meaning beautiful little flower
- Colette – French name meaning people of victory
- Darcy – Dark-haired
- Eden – Hebrew name meaning delight
- Edmee – French name meaning rich protection
- Hilde – German name meaning battle woman
- Isa – German name meaning strong-willed
- Katniss – Greek name meaning aquatic plant
- Leona – Latin name meaning lioness
- Meja – Old Norse name meaning power
- Philomena – Greek name meaning love or strength
- Ronika – Old English name meaning victory bringer
- Roskva – Old Norse name meaning brave
- Shakti – Sanskrit name meaning power
- Sabiha – Turkish name meaning beautiful
- Traudi – German name meaning strength of spear
- Valida – Latin name meaning healthy
Soft But Strong Girl Names
- Audrey – English name meaning noble strength
- Ayesha – Arabic name meaning alive
- Sabira – Arabic name meaning patient
- Benny – Latin name meaning strong and blessed
- Bernadette – French name meaning strong
- Comfort – French name meaning to strengthen greatly
- Ermintrude – German name meaning strength
- Generys – Welsh name meaning girl hero.
- Honovia – Native American name meaning strong deer
- Jaiyana – Arabic name meaning strength.
- Kaiya – Japanese name meaning forgiveness
- Melisande – German name meaning strong in work
- Morowa – African name meaning Queen
- Nova – Latin name meaning new
- Nimerah – Arabic name meaning strength
- Ronisha – Hindu name meaning bight
- Shahan – Persian name meaning Queen
- Sharla – English name meaning warrior
- Treasa – Gaelic name meaning strong
- Valka – Latin name meaning strong
Strong Female Names In History
- Athena – Greek Goddess of wisdom
- Artemis – Greek name meaning Goddess of the hunt
- Astrid – Scandinavian name meaning beloved by the Gods
- Balwinder – an Indian name meaning victorious through strength
- Constantia – Italian name meaning steadfast
- Elara – Greek name of the Goddess of the moon
- Freya – Norse mythological name meaning peace
- Gunhild – Old Norse name meaning battle
- Hera – Greek Goddess of marriage
- Ingrid – Nordic name meaning daughter of the hero
- Meredith – Welsh name meaning great ruler
- Minka – Polish name meaning gilded helmet
- Nerthus – German name meaning strong
- Reginn – Old Norse name meaning power of Gods
- Rhea – Greek mythology name meaning powerful mother
- Sandra – Name of the first jurist in the US Supreme Court
- Thora – Scandinavian name meaning thunder Goddess
- Tyra – Scandinavian name meaning thunder warrior
- Vilja – Swedish name meaning strong desire
- Zora – African American literature pioneer’s name taken from Zora Neale Hurston
If you are searching for the perfect country western girl names for your little cowgirl with a rustic charm, read our list to find the most inspiring options.
Short, Strong Girl Names
- Aziza – Arabic name meaning powerful and beloved
- Adira – Hebrew name meaning strong
- Bia – Latin name meaning traveler
- Cyra – Persian name meaning throne
- Ebba – Scandinavian name meaning brave
- Elsie – God is my oath in English
- Freda – Fair
- Ildri – Scandinavian name meaning fire and peace
- Kana – Japanese name meaning powerful
- Mildred – English name meaning gentle strength
- Marise – Endless in Japanese
- Nimai – Indian name meaning filled with inner light
- Nori – Japanese name meaning belief
- Ruth – Hebrew name meaning compassionate friend
- Sage – Latin name meaning wise
- Trudi – German name meaning spear of strength
- Uma – Tranquility
- Wei – Chinese name meaning brilliant
- Yara – Small butterfly
- Zosia – Wisdom
Strong Female Names
- Aesira – Scandinavian name meaning powerful
- Andricia – Strong
- Branka – Slavic name meaning protect
- Bellicent – Strength
- Cyrene – Persian name meaning throne
- Cleopatra – Greek name meaning praise
- Dree – Greek name meaning strong
- Edrea – British name meaning powerful
- Elizabeth – Hebrew name meaning God’s oath
- Imelda – German name battle
- Jaya – Hindi name meaning victory
- Keren – Greek name meaning pure
- Mel – Scottish name meaning armored chief
- Medusa – Greek Goddess name
- Millicent – German name meaning strong in work
- Nyathera – African name meaning she survived
- Rosamund – German name meaning horse protection
- Ricarda – Italian name meaning brave one
- Qadira – Arabic name meaning power
- Virendra – an Indian name meaning brave
The power of a name should not be underestimated. It plays a vital role in shaping an individual’s self-identity and can be a constant source of inspiration and motivation throughout their life journey.
By choosing a strong and meaningful name for your daughter, you can help instill a sense of strength, independence, and confidence, setting the stage for a future filled with determination and empowerment.
Hopefully, this compilation of strong girl names will truly inspire you.