Picking a name for your baby boy is both exciting and a big responsibility, as it’s something they will carry with them for life.
Most parents love names that start with the letter J. It’s the starting point for timeless classics like John, Joseph, and James when it comes to choosing names for their sons.
Even the Bible offers a wealth of boy names that begin with J, many of which carry rich historical and religious meaning. We have compiled a list of the best, unique, modern, and biblical baby names that start with J.
From names like Jeffrey, Juan, and Jerald to other cool names like Jermaine, Joshua, and Julian, the list is long with inspiring ideas. Read out to learn more.
Best Baby Boy Names That Start With J
Names beginning with the letter J have earned widespread popularity not only in the United States but also in various corners of the globe. Many renowned celebrities bear J-names, with a few even incorporating the letter itself into their stage names.
Check out some of the best baby boy names starting with the letter J:
This is a boy’s name of Persian and English origin that means treasurer.
This name is of Hebrew and Estonian origin meaning God is gracious.
This is an English and Greek name that means healer. It is also the name of an American actor.
This name is of Portuguese, Spanish, and Greek origin that means Hyacinth flower.
This name is of English, German, and Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning pledge of peace.
This is an English name that means gift.
This is an Arabic name meaning assistance or consolation.
This is a Spanish name and is common all around the world.
This is a Sanskrit name meaning master of the world.
This is an Arabic name that means stream.
This is another Sanskrit name that means lord of victory.
This is a Zulu name that means be happy.
This is an English name that means ruler with a spear.
This is an English name meaning God is gracious.
This is a Greek name that means sacred name.
This is an Arabic name that means helpful.
This is an Italian name that means God is gracious.
This is an American name that means bird of light.
This is an Indian name that means victorious.
This is a German name that means God is gracious.
Unique Boy Names That Start With J With Meaning
Finding a truly unique boy name has become challenging as new parents explore various sources of inspiration. Delving into unexpected sources could be the solution to discovering an original name for your son.
Here are some cool but unique ideas for you:
- Jaabir – This is an Arabic name that means good counselor.
- Jabari – A Swahili name that means brave.
- Jacob – This is also a Hebrew name that means supplanter.
- Jahzeel – A Hebrew name that means Hebrew.
- Jaison – A Greek name that means healing.
- Jamarion – An English and Hebrew name that means beloved.
- James – This is a Hebrew name that means supplanter.
- Janesh – A Sanskrit name that means leader of the people.
- Jared – A Hebrew name that means descent.
- Jaxon – A British name that means son of Jack.
- Jemal – A Hebrew and Arabic name that means handsome.
- Jermaine – A Latin name that means brother
- Jethro – A Hebrew name that means eminent.
- Jim – This name is of Hebrew and English origin, meaning holder of the heel
- Jonathan – A Hebrew name that means gift of God.
- Jorgan – A Greek name that means farmer.
- Joshua – This is a Hebrew name that means lord is my salvation.
- Jove – Latin name that means father of the sky
- Julian – This is a Latin name that means youthful.
- June – A Latin name that means young.
Very Rare Boy Names Starting With J
- Jachan – Hebrew name that means that means troubled
- Jaedyn – An American name that means someone from the hollow.
- Jahdiel – A Hebrew name that means beloved by God.
- Jahmai – An African name meaning noble.
- Jakeh – Hebrew name that is for someone who will establish in the future.
- Jamir – An Arabic name that means good looking
- Jamire – An African name that means powerful
- Jardani – A Hebrew name that means God will judge
- Jareem – An Arabic name that means noble
- Jarel – A Hebrew name that means God will uplift.
- Jariah – A Hebrew name that means God will teach
- Jaseem – Arabic name that means good-natured
- Jasiel – Hebrew name that means work of God
- Jasir – Arabic name that means bold
- Jebus – A Hebrew name of the city in Jerusalem
- Jeremoth – A Hebrew name that means heights
- Jiyan – A Kurdish name that means life
- Joakim – Hebrew name that means raised by God
- Josibiah – Hebrew name that means God will add
- Jozachar – A Hebrew name that means God has remembered
Exotic Boy Names That Start With J
- Jabez – Hebrew name that means sorrowful
- Jacen – An American name that means to heal.
- Jad – An Arabic name that means excellence.
- Jagger – An English name that means peddler.
- Jaidan – An Arabic name that means well endowed.
- Jaliel – Hebrew name that means God will uplift.
- Jams – English name that means supplanter
- Jash – An Indian name that means victory
- Javen – An American name that means glue
- Jazer – Hebrew name that means helpful
- Jedaiah – Hebrew name that means known by God
- Jedediah – Hebrew name that means beloved of God
- Jen – A Welsh name that means blessed
- Jered – A Hebrew name that means ruling
- Jerell – An English name that means strong-willed
- Jethro – Hebrew name that means excellence
- Jiren – A Japanese name that means to endure
- Joziah – Hebrew name that means God heals
- Justino – Latin name that means fair.
Cute Boy Names That Start With J
- Jafari – A Swahili name that means journey
- Jairo – A Spanish name that means God will enlighten
- Janine – Hebrew name that means God is gracious
- Jaycee – Attractive
- Jayjay – An English name that means jaybird
- Jessup – An English name that means son of Joseph
- Jeyden – An American name that means thankful
- Jimmy – An English name that means one who follows
- Jio – A Japanese name that means salt
- Jobab – Hebrew name that means persecuted
- Joed – Hebrew name that means God will restore
- Joezer – A Hebrew name that means God has helped
- Jordy – Flow down
- Jory – Cornish name that means man of the forest
- Joshia – God is my Salvation in Hebrew
- Jovany – A Hebrew name that means God is gracious
- Juju – An African name that means charm
- Juni – A Swedish name that means youthful
- Junnu – A Finnish name that means young man
- Jun – This name is of Korean and Chinese origin, meaning obedient.
Modern Boy Names Starting With J
- J. C.
Boy names that start with A have a remarkable and timeless appeal. Many influential personalities of history in different fields, including politics, science, and entertainment, have names that start with the letter A. Read our guide to get best ideas.
Old-Fashioned Boy Names That Start With J
Unique American Baby Boy Names That Start With J
Biblical Boy Names That Start With J
Let’s explore the profound meanings behind a selection of biblical and religious names that start with the letter J.
- Janus – A Roman name that means God of beginnings.
- Jason – Greek mythological name for healer
- Jupiter – Roman name of supreme God
- Juventus – Roman name for Goddess of Youth
- Josiah – Hebrew name that means God heals. It was the name of the youngest king of Judah.
- Jacob – Hebrew name that means supplanter. In history, Jacob was renamed as Israel.
- Jesse – Hebrew name that means the Lord exists.
- Jethro – This is the Hebrew name of the Father-in-law of Moses
- Jonah – This is the Hebrew name of a Prophet who was swallowed by a whale
- Joseph – This is another biblical name of the earthly father of Jesus and another one who was the son of Jacob
- Jared – This is a Hebrew name taken from the Old Testament as the name of one of Adam’s descendants.
- Jesus – This is the name of Jesus Christ and is common all around the world.
- Joel – This is a Hebrew name that means Yahweh is God and is the name of one of the 12 prophets mentioned in the Old Testament.
When it comes to picking up baby names, the options are endless, but finding the perfect names that mean quiet can be challenging. Check our guide to get some inspiring ideas.
Popular Boy Names That Start With J
Check out some popular names for boys starting with the letter J:
- Je Ronn
Names that start with J hold a special place in many hearts. They offer a timeless charm, often rooted in history and tradition, making them a popular and meaningful choice for baby boys.
Whether drawn from the Bible or inspired by classic figures, these names reflect parents’ hope and love for their children, a name to cherish for a lifetime.
Hopefully, you will love the ideas shared in this post.